Overhire Electrics Technician – Hourly
The Center for Puppetry Arts is accepting resumes from theatre technicians with skills in electrics, sound, and video for part time opportunities on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in the changeover of shows, which includes installing the lighting, audio, and video needs for Center and guest artist productions
- Hang, circuit, and focus lighting plots
- Prepare sound systems for rehearsals and performances
- Hang and focus of video projection equipment
- Prep upcoming shows (building practicals, pulling gear, cutting gel, etc.)
- Help to maintain and organize the Electrics shop, keeping it in a state of readiness for upcoming events
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Fulfill the electric needs for other Center activities (events, tours, etc.)
Depending on need, technicians may also assist in the following ways:
- Event Technician, which could include sound, lighting, or video operation
- Console programmer
- Q-lab programmer
- Three years of formal theatre education or professional experience
- Skills in lighting and sound system operations
- Skills in electrical, audio, and video wiring
- Skills in trouble shooting and problem solving
- Motivated and responsible
- Team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable working on ladders (all spaces have dead-hung grids)
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds regularly
- Knowledge of ETC Lighting equipment and Q-lab
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, tech portfolio if applicable to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
Center for Puppetry Arts
1404 Spring St. N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30309-2820
Please note any attachment over 10 MB may need to be sent in separate emails.
No phone calls please. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.