The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, changes in net assets, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general programming cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Assists the Director of Accounting with the preparation of monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, reconcile accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts and pledge receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides assistance with an annual audit; gathers necessary account information and documents to provide to auditors.
- Files registration forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with the software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- The primary point of contact for the production department for cost accounting and budget to actual analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- At least two years of related experience is required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee will be inside a small office environment throughout the day.
- Office hours will be 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- $42,000 to $45,000 per year plus benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. or mail to:
Center for Puppetry Arts, Attn:
Human Resources, 1404 Spring St., NW, Atlanta, GA 30309.
All resumes must be received or postmarked, no later than April 14, 2023, for consideration
No phone calls, please.