Meet the Family and Artists who continue to carry on Jim Henson’s legacy
Atlanta (April 5, 2022) –Jim Henson and Kermit the Frog cut the ribbon at the Center for Puppetry Arts over 40 years ago. In support of the Center’s mission to inspire imagination, education and community though the global art of puppetry, the Center hosts its 2nd annual online fundraiser “Call to Auction” May 3-5, 2022. This year, the Center will feature exclusive conversations with the family, artists, and celebrities behind some of Jim Henson’s iconic characters including Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Zoe, Boober Fraggle and more.
Meet the Henson Family
Bidders have the chance to have both virtual and in-person conversations with members of the Henson family. Featured packages include:
- a Zoom meet and greet with Lisa Henson, CEO of The Jim Henson Company and executive producer of the new Apple TV+ series reboot Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock as well as the Emmy-winning The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
- a Zoom meet and greet with Brian Henson, Chairman of the Board of The Jim Henson Company and award-winning director, producer, and writer for film and television with credits including Labyrinth, Muppet Treasure Island, and Farscape
- an in-person VIP tour of the New York location of Jim Henson’s Creature Shop with Cheryl Henson, President of The Jim Henson Foundation
- a New York City walking tour of places significant to Jim Henson and his work with Heather Henson, contemporary puppet artist and founder of IBEX Puppetry. Her work promotes harmony and healing for the planet through artistic spectacle and discussion. Heather is also a member of the Board of Directors for The Jim Henson Company and The Jim Henson Legacy
Meet the People Behind the Puppets
These featured packages include virtual discussions with the performers and artists behind some of the most iconic puppets ever. Featured packages include:
- A Zoom meet and greet with Dave Goelz, best known as the puppeteer of Gonzo, characters from the Muppets, Fraggle Rock, and more
- A Zoom meet and greet with Bonnie Erickson, designer of Miss Piggy, Statler and Waldorf, and more
- A Zoom meet and greet with Fran Brill, puppeteer of Sesame Street’s Zoe and Prairie Dawn
- A Fraggle Rock prize pack including a Zoom meet and greet with a Fraggle
This year’s auction also features a tour of both the historic Jim Henson Company Lot in Hollywood and the nearby world-renowned Jim Henson’s Creature Shop. Other packages include a holiday party for 100 guests for the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer™ performance in Atlanta, assorted Henson memorabilia, vacation destinations, photography packages, dinner experiences and more. From immersive experiences to rare collectibles, earrings to wine baskets, all types of items will be up for auction at every price range to encourage all to participate. The 3-day virtual silent auction is open to bidders across the world.
“We were thrilled last year when bidders from over 14 different countries participated in our first-ever “Call to Auction”. Thanks to their support, the Center raised over $169,000 directly benefiting our education and digital learning programs, museum, and award-winning performances,” said Beth Schiavo, Executive Director.
Donations to the Center will also be accepted throughout the auction allowing patrons to provide funding for field trips and other programming.
Bidding opens on May 3rd at 12:00pm EDT and ends on May 5th at 5pm. EDT. For more information, visit the Call to Auction website.
If you would like to learn more, please contact Elizabeth Eaton, firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Schweber, email@example.com
Click here for a complete list of the Center’s major supporters.