Guest Services Coordinator
Responsible for fostering a welcoming and accessible environment for visitors that aligns with the Center for Puppetry Arts’ values of creativity and curiosity. Maintains knowledge about the Center’s upcoming programming and assists with the implementation of the regular event and public programming, the day-to-day maintenance of gallery spaces, and staffing of the Museum store.
- Opens and closes all exhibit areas daily and assists in cleaning Museum cases & interactives daily.
- Provides excellent customer service to guests by actively engaging them, answering questions, assisting with way-finding, etc.
- Works in the Gift Shop half of the shift and will be trained to open and close the store.
- Assists with group management before and after shows in the atrium space as needed.
- Communicates guest concerns to the Museum Operations Manager.
- Assists with Museum special events and rentals as scheduled.
- Supports scheduled Museum volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Facilitates guest experience with gallery interactives & implements in-gallery educational programming.
- Extremely high level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written communication, including strong writing, detailed editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to follow instructions, ask for clarification when needed, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Confidence in professional communications and the ability to make asks
- Professional demeanor, with the ability to respond to confidential matters with discretion
- Collaborative planner and team-oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Understanding of database use
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge is preferred but not required
- Availability to work occasional evening and weekend events as needed
Part-Time, Hourly, approximately 20 hours a week
- Tuesday through Friday – 8:45 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday – 9:45 AM -5:00 PM
- Sunday – 11:45 AM -5:00 PM
Additional sub shifts available as needed
- Hourly Rate $15.00
- 7 paid vacation days per year
- Paid holidays
- Additional paid personal & sick days
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your resume and letter of interest to Ian McCarthy, Museum Operations Manager, at email@example.com
No phone calls, please.