Overhire Electrics Technicians
The Center for Puppetry Arts is accepting resumes from theatre technicians with skills in electrics, sound, and video for part time opportunities on an as-needed basis.
NOTE: Overhire Electrics Technicians are compensated on an hourly basis.
- Assist in the changeover of shows, which includes installing the lighting, audio, and video needs for Center and guest artist productions
- Hang, circuit, and focus lighting plots
- Prepare sound systems for rehearsals and performances
- Hang and focus of video projection equipment
- Prep upcoming shows (building practicals, pulling gear, cutting gel, etc.
- Help to maintain and organize the Electrics shop, keeping it in a state of readiness for upcoming events
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Fulfill the electric needs for other Center activities (events, tours, etc.)
- Three years of formal theatre education or professional experience
- Skills in lighting and sound system operations
- Skills in electrical, audio, and video wiring
- Skills in trouble shooting and problem solving
- Motivated and responsible
- Team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable working on ladders (all spaces have dead-hung grids)
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds regularly
- Knowledge of ETC Lighting equipment and Q-lab
ABOUT THIS DEPARTMENT
The Center for Puppetry Arts is a non-profit multi-division organization featuring a production department along with museum and education departments. The production department produces an average of 8 new works and/or remounts per season. In addition to in-house productions, the Center also hosts a wide variety of guest artists and event rentals.
The Electrics division of the Center is responsible for overseeing the operations and maintenance of lighting, audio and video for the production department. The Production Department operates two theatres (330 and 170 seat) that employ show automation control to co-ordinate audio, video, and lighting cues. The Center also runs a full complement of wireless microphones and a healthy inventory of lighting equipment for its productions. In addition to working with show operation hardware, the electrics department is called upon to create unique solutions for the technical needs of puppet theatre as well as ways to allow multigenerational equipment to work together efficiently. Occasionally, the electrics department is also called upon to work with the museum to assist with maintenance and the creation of new exhibits.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please mail or email your resume to the following:
Center for Puppetry Arts
ATTN: Production Department
1404 Spring Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30309-2820 USA
or Email HR@puppet.org. In the subject line: “Name-Overhire Electrics Technician” (Example: John Smith-Overhire Electrics Technician)